Ask anyone who knows me or has witnessed the results of my handy work, and they will tell you with precise and accurate detail; I am not a painter.
But, for a good cause I'll dip the roller into a bucket of latex and cover a graffiti tagged wall like a fat guy slathering butter on a freshly boiled cob of sweet corn. Okay, that just described me eating lunch last weekend, but nevertheless the point is, I will gladly do some sloppy paint work when needed.
So on our last outing with the A-Team, you may recall that we joined up with some wonderful kids from Timberwilde Elementary to do some painting in the area, and a contractor stopped by and offered to donate some excess paint. He called Monday to follow-up and another A-Team member and I headed over to get the donated goods.
I may have mentioned before that we are able to obtain 5-gallon buckets of a mixed, recycled paint through the city of San Antonio, but in this case, the donated paint had to be mixed --- by me!I told my wife I would have these cans out of my garage by the weekend, so I've been mixing away!You'd be shocked at the colors some people paint their houses. Orange and purple stand out in my mind as definite no-no's. But who knows? In the end, when it all gets mixed together, I'm shooting for a beige or grayish color just to cover graffiti.
Wanna help? You should join the A-Team. Learn more here.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Yard Work Report: How to Cover Dead Grass...
- Random Photo Report: Peeing in Harrods of London
- The Pineapple Report...
- Strange in Brackenridge Park...
- Lunch Report: Augies Barbed Wire Smoke House...
- Random Photo Report: The SecDef's Wife...
- The Paint Report: Seriously, I'm not a Painter...
- Bakery Report: Panifico (or Bedoys) on 24th Street...
- Downtown Report: War Memorial, Main Plaza, Gumby.....
- Random Photo Report: Getting the Gold...
- Strange in 78250: The Case of the Missing Pants......
- Got Pet Problems? Get a Sign...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Turn out the Lights:
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- My Neighbor Has a New Pet...
- No Water Shortage Here....
- I'm Not a Happy Camper Report:
- Father's Day Report: Calls, Beds, Steaks...
- Lunch Report: Crumpets...
- Crappy Service Report: US Postal Service...
- Lookin' Good in The Five-Oh...
- Celebrity Sighting Report: Cousin Itt
- Yard Work Report...
- GNWCIA Board Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Strange in Obits: Jack Mildren
- Lunch Report: The Lords Kitchen...
- A-Team Report: Timberwilde Students Paint the GNW....
- ▼ Jun 2008 (28)