Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Strange in 78250...

Some things, you just can't make up. Have you ever seen something out of the ordinary and go to tell your friends or neighbors and they give you that look of disbelief? Well, you need to get yourself a camera and keep it at the ready, my friends.

Like today, when my wife and I were headed down Culebra Road and happened upon this little gem.
Yea. I'm for saving gas too. And this is about as economical as it comes. You can't tell from this picture, but this little Vespa has a sidecar attached to it. As far as we could tell, there were no passengers involved. Two thumbs up for this Vespa Lady!

Another way to travel is to make use of those specially made HOV lanes. Oh wait, I don't think we have any of those in San Antonio. For those of you who don't know, HOV is short for High Occupancy Vehicle which in some cities, like Houston, allows people traveling with a guest to drive in a specially designated HOV lane. The idea is, people who carpool or take the bus benefit from their own lane.
Interestingly enough, there have been cases where people placed dummies in the passenger seat of their car in order to cheat the qualification standard for the HOV lane use. And had Culebra Road been an actual HOV lane, we would have busted some inconsiderate cheater this afternoon.But, since we don't have the HOV in San Antonio, this guy is just some strange freak driving around with a dummy in his car. I'll let you decide if charges need to be filed or not.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites