Some things, you just can't make up. Have you ever seen something out of the ordinary and go to tell your friends or neighbors and they give you that look of disbelief? Well, you need to get yourself a camera and keep it at the ready, my friends.
Like today, when my wife and I were headed down Culebra Road and happened upon this little gem.Yea. I'm for saving gas too. And this is about as economical as it comes. You can't tell from this picture, but this little Vespa has a sidecar attached to it. As far as we could tell, there were no passengers involved. Two thumbs up for this Vespa Lady!
Another way to travel is to make use of those specially made HOV lanes. Oh wait, I don't think we have any of those in San Antonio. For those of you who don't know, HOV is short for High Occupancy Vehicle which in some cities, like Houston, allows people traveling with a guest to drive in a specially designated HOV lane. The idea is, people who carpool or take the bus benefit from their own lane. Interestingly enough, there have been cases where people placed dummies in the passenger seat of their car in order to cheat the qualification standard for the HOV lane use. And had Culebra Road been an actual HOV lane, we would have busted some inconsiderate cheater this afternoon.But, since we don't have the HOV in San Antonio, this guy is just some strange freak driving around with a dummy in his car. I'll let you decide if charges need to be filed or not.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Car Show Report
- Strange in 78250: Or There Abouts...
- Lunch Report: Red Robin...
- Dinner Report: Chili's (The Ol' Standby)...
- Strange in Sugar Land: Houston, we Have a Problem....
- Movie Report: No Country For Old Men...Sucks!
- Lunch Report: Armadillo's on McCullough...
- River Walk Construction Update: Back at it...
- GNWCIA Report: Nothing to Report...
- Why Northern Tool Rocks!
- Sadness Report: Baby the Cygnet...
- Strange in 78250...
- Coffee Maker Report: Mine Sucks!
- And the Fireball Returns...
- A-Team in Action...
- Doctor's Report: My Visit to the Clinic...
- Flat Tire: No, Really Flat...
- The Numbers Report: 20,000 Hits
- The Germans Want me to Sell you Drugs...
- The New Garbage Cans Are Here....
- River Walk Construction Update: Water Already?
- Dinner Report: Burgers on the Grill; Heart Attack ...
- Old Guys Hitting on Women at HEB...
- Dinner Report: Clear Springs...
- Lunch Report: Podna's Catfish and Po'Boys...
- A-Team Action Alert: Saturday, 15 March at 0900
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- River Walk Construction Update
- Art Report: Strange Museum Advertising...
- Construction Report: Screened Door...
- The Grill Report: Catfish...
- ▼ Mar 2008 (31)