Someone, just bring me one of those huge engine hoists and grab me by the belt loops; that's what it is going to take to get me in and out of my car if I keep this assault on my body up. Thank goodness my wife knows CPR. I should be writing this from a treadmill.
But it was recently my wife's birthday and the people at Red Robin were kind enough to e-mail her one of those buy one get one sort of coupons, so how the heck do you expect me to pass up on that?
I have already told you about how good Red Robin is (read about it here), but since we had our son with us, we finally tried the onion rings we wanted but didn't want to eat the entire order by ourselves.Wonder no more, these puppies are great. Huge rings fried up just right, not too hard and they breading doesn't fall apart as soon as you touch it. Great stuff there.They serve the rings up stacked with two kinds of sauces, some Ranch and some sort of BBQ and Mayo mixture which was really good. We asked for some of thier own brand of Honey Mustard, and that stuff rocks! Between the the three of us, we made quick work of the onion rings, and if we were smart, health-minded people, we would have simply got up and left.
But there was the burgers to contend with. Every time you go to Red Robin, get something different. They have a huge selection of burgers and this time, my son and I wanted to try what they called the Royal Red Robin Burger. The menuo describes it as "...the aristocrat of all burgers because we crown it with a fresh fried egg. In addition, topped with three strips of hickory-smoked bacon, American cheese, crisp lettuce, tomatoes and mayo."I never expected to eat a burger with a fried egg on it, but honestly, it was a great taste. I may just start putting eggs on everything, just to see how it comes out.When we were done, our waitress showed up with a fudge sundae for my wife and a group of friends to give the ol' Red Robin version of the birthday song.Yes, we forced the ice cream down our gullets and then waddled ourselves out to the car. If you haven't been over there yet, I promise you, you'll be happy with the selection, the service and the food is simply a Tasty Treat all around.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Car Show Report
- Strange in 78250: Or There Abouts...
- Lunch Report: Red Robin...
- Dinner Report: Chili's (The Ol' Standby)...
- Strange in Sugar Land: Houston, we Have a Problem....
- Movie Report: No Country For Old Men...Sucks!
- Lunch Report: Armadillo's on McCullough...
- River Walk Construction Update: Back at it...
- GNWCIA Report: Nothing to Report...
- Why Northern Tool Rocks!
- Sadness Report: Baby the Cygnet...
- Strange in 78250...
- Coffee Maker Report: Mine Sucks!
- And the Fireball Returns...
- A-Team in Action...
- Doctor's Report: My Visit to the Clinic...
- Flat Tire: No, Really Flat...
- The Numbers Report: 20,000 Hits
- The Germans Want me to Sell you Drugs...
- The New Garbage Cans Are Here....
- River Walk Construction Update: Water Already?
- Dinner Report: Burgers on the Grill; Heart Attack ...
- Old Guys Hitting on Women at HEB...
- Dinner Report: Clear Springs...
- Lunch Report: Podna's Catfish and Po'Boys...
- A-Team Action Alert: Saturday, 15 March at 0900
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- River Walk Construction Update
- Art Report: Strange Museum Advertising...
- Construction Report: Screened Door...
- The Grill Report: Catfish...
- ▼ Mar 2008 (31)