You know the drill - we use Chili's as our version of fast-food when we want to grab something quick but not necessarily take in the full fledged McPlayGround atmosphere of screaming youngsters throwing plastic balls at one another. Our Chili's isn't bad and they often provide quick service at a reasonable price.
So, I otherwise wouldn't even tell you about this but I did try a new burger they offer called the Smokehouse Bacon Triple-the-Cheese Bigmouth Burger. And with apologies to Jeff Kay, I took a picture of the menu so I could get a comparison of what they advertise on the menu and what it looks like when you get it.My wife would have ordered one, but the menu suggested that the bacon was Jalapeño Applewood, and she likes Jalapeños even less than she likes Applewood, so she went with the regular bacon cheese burger.So, here is the menu picture and I have to admit, it looks pretty darn appetizing. But I always just assume they airbrush these photos, so I was willing to just take a chance that if it wasn't good, I'd tell you about how crappy it was and surely, my input on the vast WWW would cause Chili's to go out of business.This is what I got. Holy crap! Look at the size of that Jalapeño Applewood Bacon! I felt somewhat inadequate just sharing a booth with it! My wife blushed.You can't possibly fit something that size in your mouth, so I cut it in half and here is a side view. They cooked it just right and I was pretty happy about that. I have to tell you that we routinely split a burger when we attend Chili's, but this thing was awesome. Knowing we weren't sharing, I devoured the thing and seriously, unless you are opposed to a little spice, I definitely recommend it.
As a bonus, they whipped up some Ranch dressing mixed with Jalapeños for the dipping of the fries (which I usually don't eat). I ate them.Overall, good stuff. And hence, Chili's may stay in business.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Car Show Report
- Strange in 78250: Or There Abouts...
- Lunch Report: Red Robin...
- Dinner Report: Chili's (The Ol' Standby)...
- Strange in Sugar Land: Houston, we Have a Problem....
- Movie Report: No Country For Old Men...Sucks!
- Lunch Report: Armadillo's on McCullough...
- River Walk Construction Update: Back at it...
- GNWCIA Report: Nothing to Report...
- Why Northern Tool Rocks!
- Sadness Report: Baby the Cygnet...
- Strange in 78250...
- Coffee Maker Report: Mine Sucks!
- And the Fireball Returns...
- A-Team in Action...
- Doctor's Report: My Visit to the Clinic...
- Flat Tire: No, Really Flat...
- The Numbers Report: 20,000 Hits
- The Germans Want me to Sell you Drugs...
- The New Garbage Cans Are Here....
- River Walk Construction Update: Water Already?
- Dinner Report: Burgers on the Grill; Heart Attack ...
- Old Guys Hitting on Women at HEB...
- Dinner Report: Clear Springs...
- Lunch Report: Podna's Catfish and Po'Boys...
- A-Team Action Alert: Saturday, 15 March at 0900
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- River Walk Construction Update
- Art Report: Strange Museum Advertising...
- Construction Report: Screened Door...
- The Grill Report: Catfish...
- ▼ Mar 2008 (31)