Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Sunday, October 7, 2007

NFL on Fox Report: KABB and Name Calling...

Through a series of perfectly explainable events, I had come to believe that today, I was going to have the chance to see my beloved Tampa Bay Buccaneers play live on national TV via the Fox network and local affiliate KABB-29 against the Super Bowl champion Indy Colts, coached by my favorite coach in any sport, Tony Dungy.

How could I make such a mistake? Well, last week there was some promos for it, then when checking online through the MySA.com Express-News listings, it showed the game. So, when I remotely logged into my DVR via the internet to record the game in HD, I was shocked to find out that instead of the football game, KABB was showing a movie, Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I went back to the web listing I found earlier on MySA.com, it was linked to a national listing. When I entered the Zip Code, sure enough; no game.

So, I did what any normal person would do. I sent the following e-mail to KABB and to the folks at Maximum Sports:

Nationally, Fox is carrying the Bucs-Colts football game this afternoon. KABB is playing, "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers".

Are you people communists? Immediately turn in your Man cards, all of you. Even the women.

Unbelievable.

Not long after, I received a series of e-mails from the various members of the Maximum Sports crew, including Chuck Miketinac, Hector Ledesma and Drea Avent. They were all sympathetic to my plight, but explained that the rules between the NFL and the networks are the reason they can't show the Bucs-Colts game. Only one network can show a double-header - and this week, CBS had two games. So, they had to choose between a game that would impact the Cowboys (the one they showed) or the game I wanted to watch. I lost out on that.

But, they were all nice to me in their responses so I replied back authorizing them the return of Man Cards and such. Though, Drea is too pretty to carry one. But I did assure her that I did not think she was a Commie either.

So, the moral of the story is this: KABB isn't the bad guy here; the NFL is the bad guy. So down with the NFL! Booo!!!

And go ahead and watch Maximum Sports tonight so we can at least see the highlights of the Bucs-Colts game.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites