Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, October 29, 2007

Lunch Report: Guillermo's Deli...

Let me cut right to the chase: Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm! Guillermo's Deli located in the back of the YMCA off of St Mary's downtown served up quite a Tasty Treat for the lunch special today.

I was attending a class at my office downtown and a co-worker suggested we grab a sandwich at Guillermo's as it would be a quick meal giving us plenty of time to eat and be back before the class started again.

I initially had reservations because the place is located at the YMCA - I try to eat healthy, but I'm not looking to go Vegan or anything like that, nor do I want to feel obligated to do some chin-ups or work up a sweat before I'm allowed to eat.
But, never fear, there was no such requirement.

I ordered up Tony's Special, which today was a sandwich on focaccia bread, (I had the ham, my co-worker had turkey) and a bow-tie pasta salad with fresh spinach (they also had the pasta with ham).


When we first walked in, I wasn't sure if the place was even open since we were the only two customers. But by the time we ordered and got our baskets, the place filled with other people.

There was a minor issue with the drink situation. Guillermo's has several versions of tea labeled to identify the value of anti-oxidants and green tea and such. I finally settled on the fresh lemonade which was remarkably tasty.
The pasta salad was simply perfect. Served cold, the pasta was cooked just right. The tomatoes were cut in such a way that they blended in with the spinach, onions and other ingredients. The selection of seasonings and I assume olive oil worked very well. I sat there and ate the pasta before I even took a bite of the sandwich.
And then it was heaven. I know, quite an accolade for a sandwich, but if you can imagine not wanting it to end, just because it was so good. The lunch filled me up for sure, but I suspect that had the sandwich been three times as big as it was, I would have sat there like a pig and devoured it, all the more reason they probably put this place in a gym.Guillermo's also serves pizza and other stuff, but seriously, try the focaccia bread ham sandwich. Maximum Tasty Treats!

1 comment:

Blonde Goddess said...

MMMMM....
You sure are making me drool...

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites