This is sort of a public service announcement for those of you seeking something entertaining to do this weekend...
My good friend Sid, our Mission Trace Correspondent and often caretaker of Baby the Swan, reports that his niece Lindsay is currently appearing in a stage production of Oscar Wilde's THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST at the Mainstage Theater at Texas State University.
Interested but not sure what it might be about? Well, according to the web page, "Oscar Wilde's comedic masterpiece satirizes English society in the late Victorian era. The plot follows the exploits of two wealthy young men who pretend their names are Ernest in order to impress their beloveds. One, Jack Worthing, is a foundling and cannot marry his love until he produces an acceptable parent. His future mother-in-law, Lady Bracknell, tells him, "To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness." Audiences have loved this play since it opened in 1895, and many critics consider it the wittiest play in the English language."
Unfortunately, my wife and I can't make it but in the event that you feel the need for a little comedy and/or culture, get up there and cheer young Lindsay on. And, if you see an Australian Black Swan wandering around in the parking lot, look for Sid!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Dinner Report: Bill Miller's, Germs, and Washing ...
- Unfortunate Name Report: Cocula Mexican Restaurant...
- Lunch Report: Guillermo's Deli...
- River Walk Construction Report: More progress...
- Morality Report: Indecent in 78250?
- Strange in 78250: Who Needs a Mega-Church?
- Lunch Report: Headlines at Gilberts...
- Vegan Dog Report: Panda and Celery...
- River Walk Construction Report: Update...
- Arts & Crafts Report: The Military Wreath...
- Strange in 78250: Yard Sale...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Trip Report: Dayton to Chicago to SA - Almost...
- Trip Report: Dayton...
- HEB Plus Report: He Man Women Haters...
- Yard Work Report: Need a Rake?
- Lunch Report: Sea Island - The Good One
- River Walk Report: Construction Continues...
- NFL on Fox Report: KABB and Name Calling...
- Dinner Report: Dickey's Barbecue Pit
- Historical Marker Report: The Pope in Westover...
- Looking for fun? Consider a Play in San Marcos...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: More of the Same...
- Strange in 78250: Hood Ornament?
- Mystery Report: Solved...
- New Marketing Ploy?
- ▼ Oct 2007 (26)