Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lunch Report: Headlines at Gilberts...

My wife and I are big fans of Jay Leno's Headlines on Monday nights after his monologue. If you aren't familiar with it, he basically shows newspaper clippings or advertisements with misspelled words or inadvertent double-entendre's.

So today, my wife and her mom along with a freind went over to the Marbach and Loop 410 area to eat lunch at Gilbert's Authentic Mexican Food. My wife reports that the owner was very nice and the food was acceptable (She says, "2 Tasty Treats"), and they had an enjoyable time, but the highlight of the event was what she captured on her cell phone camera.
See if you can pick out the headlines: I don't mean to poke fun at the guy, in fact, even with the use of spell check, I get the occasional friendly e-mail telling me that I used the wrong use of a word (you know; they're, their , there), but I just found this to be a hoot. So if you find some Headline's around SA (or wherever you are at) send them to Jay or at least send them to me!

2 comments:

Albatross said...

Mmmmm. I love lomonade and puffi tacos.

Anonymous said...

I have some bad-ass sinus problems, and my eyes are all puffi and red. Hmmmm... maybe some lomonade with honey and whiskey would help my scratchy throat! Ya think?

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites