We just took a trip over to the HEB Plus on Potranco to grab some fruit and such when we remembered that a new memorial had been built, recognizing the fact that Pope John Paul II had made a trip to San Antonio and spoke before an assembled crowd of 350,000 people in Westover Hills. So, we stopped in and took a gander.
I thought it was pretty clever of Northside ISD to choose the name of the high school there as John Paul Stevens (after the Justice) but have it also fit John Paul (the pope) since the school and the memorial are on the same spot. Hopefully, some numbnuts won't try to file a suit claiming something to do with church and state and school prayer and such.
Anyway, if you thought about going by, this is what you can expect.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Dinner Report: Bill Miller's, Germs, and Washing ...
- Unfortunate Name Report: Cocula Mexican Restaurant...
- Lunch Report: Guillermo's Deli...
- River Walk Construction Report: More progress...
- Morality Report: Indecent in 78250?
- Strange in 78250: Who Needs a Mega-Church?
- Lunch Report: Headlines at Gilberts...
- Vegan Dog Report: Panda and Celery...
- River Walk Construction Report: Update...
- Arts & Crafts Report: The Military Wreath...
- Strange in 78250: Yard Sale...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Trip Report: Dayton to Chicago to SA - Almost...
- Trip Report: Dayton...
- HEB Plus Report: He Man Women Haters...
- Yard Work Report: Need a Rake?
- Lunch Report: Sea Island - The Good One
- River Walk Report: Construction Continues...
- NFL on Fox Report: KABB and Name Calling...
- Dinner Report: Dickey's Barbecue Pit
- Historical Marker Report: The Pope in Westover...
- Looking for fun? Consider a Play in San Marcos...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: More of the Same...
- Strange in 78250: Hood Ornament?
- Mystery Report: Solved...
- New Marketing Ploy?
- ▼ Oct 2007 (26)