In probably only two cities in the entire country, there is a major conflict of "Must See" TV tonight: The final episode of The Sopranos on HBO or, the NBA Finals featuring the San Antonio Spurs and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Chances are, if you are reading this from somewhere besides the two cities in question, the choice is very easy.
But I have been weighing the options all day. Granted, the Finals is live and if you record it, you've lost the thrill of seeing it live. I'm one of those people who can't enjoy a sporting event once I know the final outcome (with one notable exception). I mean, if I had a crystal ball and knew that a certain team won, I'd be satisfied to catch the highlight reel on ESPN or something. So with this mindset, I set up my DVR to record The Sopranos.
Then my wife got involved. She also wants to see the Spurs do battle with the Cavs, but she pointed out that her brother will start exactly six minutes before 8PM CST calling us to remind us about the Sopranos. Then, he'll call again as soon as the opening credits have rolled to make sure we remembered his call from earlier. And this calling will go on throughout the entire episode.
Her logic is, if someone calls and says' "Tony just got whacked", we'd be extremely upset. On the other hand, if someone calls and says, "Did you just see Tim Duncan swat the ball away from Lebron James?", we'd ask what the score was, and be happy for the Spurs.
So, I think you can see where I'm going with this. I will be recording the Spurs-Cavs game, watching the final episode of The Sopranos and then switch over at 9:05PM just in time for the start of the 3rd quarter of the Finals.
If anything really good like someone gets ejected or they show the drunk Spurs fan, I'll be happy to rewind the DVR and catch it in due course. Like that creepy brother of Napoleon Dynamite, Kip once sang, "I love technology".
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Busy Saturday Report: Tile
- Speaking of crappy neighbors...
- You may wish to avert your eyes...
- Shopping Report: World Market
- More Stupid Pet Tricks: The Amazing Water Fountain...
- Lunch Report: TGI Friday's
- Sunday Report: The Rim and Nature
- Panda Update: Doggy Fashion Sense
- Saturday Report: Beating the Rain...
- My GNW HOA Minutes: Okay, Hours Really...
- Dinner Report: Steak 'n Shake, and a few others
- HOA Meeting Tonight: WTF!
- Breakfast Report: IHOP on Father's Day
- Shoe Report: Shoe Carnival
- Merchant Report: Iggy's
- Sight Seeing: Wichita Falls
- Breakfast Report: Denny's
- Trip Report: Up 281 to Wichita Falls
- Our Trip to Wichita Falls and Back...
- Baby Update: Sid and the Empty Nesters
- Happy Father's Day
- And that makes four!
- Lunch Report: Home Cooking with Olga
- On the Scene
- Good Call!
- The Big Dilemma: The Final Sopranos or The Finals
- Adventures in Travel: Part 3
- Spurs Win Game 1
- Adventures in Travel: Part 2
- Adventures in Travel: Part 1
- Things I saw at HEB...
- Supper Report: Chili's: 1604 & Culebra
- I Guess I Live a Sheltered Life...
- ▼ Jun 2007 (33)