So my son works at one of these stores where they Sell Ink. I don't want to say the name of the place, just in case they don't want this sort of thing to get out, but he came home today and could barely contain himself with the important news.
The cool thing about this job is that they have been very flexible in working around his college schedule. He doesn't make a lot of money, but when things are slow, he can do his school work and such. It is a pretty good deal if you don't have to pay any bills short of a cell phone bill (the times that he pays it). But I digress.
When he first started, they were even allowed to look at the Internet when they weren't busy, but apparently, somebody at one of the stores was found to have been looking at web sites that would be inappropriate for such a professional work environment, what with sexual harassment polices and such. To be clear, they did not want the young employees looking at nekkid pictures of women. Or pictures of women who were nekkid either. It only takes one employee to get upset and ruin a good thing for everyone.
So, tonight, I'm sitting in my recliner with the two dogs (Gracie and Panda) sitting on top of me so I could not even spoon ice cream to my lips without losing a lick from either side before getting it to my mouth, and my son comes into the house and heads straight for me. I knew something was amiss by the ear to ear grin he had on his face. I seriously thought Ed McMahon himself was standing on our front porch and my son was about to have me go pose for the big check. No luck.
I should tell you now that when my son is excited, he talks extremely fast and quite frankly, I can't understand more than a word or two of what he says. I usually nod politely and ignore him.
But today, the two key words I heard were "Horse" and "Porn".
So he backs up, starts again and this time I make out that somebody has been fired, and I again hear the words "Horse" and "Porn". This time, I look at him and say, "What the F**k?"
"Yep - you heard right." he says with an uncontrollable smile on his face, "Horse Porn!"
So I say, "You got fired for Horse Porn?"
"No, no." he assures me. "Some weird guy had been looking at horse porn on the computers at work and they caught him. He got fired."
Well, I was glad my son wasn't the culprit, but frankly, I must live a sheltered life because I'm not even sure what horse porn is. But in fairness, I can only assume that the pervert who got fired wasn't looking at nekkid women.
Lord, I hope not anyway.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Busy Saturday Report: Tile
- Speaking of crappy neighbors...
- You may wish to avert your eyes...
- Shopping Report: World Market
- More Stupid Pet Tricks: The Amazing Water Fountain...
- Lunch Report: TGI Friday's
- Sunday Report: The Rim and Nature
- Panda Update: Doggy Fashion Sense
- Saturday Report: Beating the Rain...
- My GNW HOA Minutes: Okay, Hours Really...
- Dinner Report: Steak 'n Shake, and a few others
- HOA Meeting Tonight: WTF!
- Breakfast Report: IHOP on Father's Day
- Shoe Report: Shoe Carnival
- Merchant Report: Iggy's
- Sight Seeing: Wichita Falls
- Breakfast Report: Denny's
- Trip Report: Up 281 to Wichita Falls
- Our Trip to Wichita Falls and Back...
- Baby Update: Sid and the Empty Nesters
- Happy Father's Day
- And that makes four!
- Lunch Report: Home Cooking with Olga
- On the Scene
- Good Call!
- The Big Dilemma: The Final Sopranos or The Finals
- Adventures in Travel: Part 3
- Spurs Win Game 1
- Adventures in Travel: Part 2
- Adventures in Travel: Part 1
- Things I saw at HEB...
- Supper Report: Chili's: 1604 & Culebra
- I Guess I Live a Sheltered Life...
- ▼ Jun 2007 (33)