Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Breakfast Report: Denny's


Years ago, I had a series of service related situations at three different Denny’s locations in San Antonio. I’m never a big complainer about service but I do tend to vote with my wallet and as a result, as much as I love the Grand Slam, I haven’t been to Denny’s in at least 3 to 4 years.

So, Saturday morning we took our daughter out for breakfast and as much as I hated to do it, the first available option was a Denny’s right near the base. Directly across the street was a place called Waffle Time, and you know what they say, Any Time is Waffle Time, (okay, well, that is what my daughter said), but sadly, it was closed and Denny’s was the choice for the morning.

I immediately thought of Waffle House, a chain primarily located in the southern US. In Florida, it was certainly a fixture along I-75, I-4 and I-10 in the Florida Panhandle. It would have been nice to eat there, but as you can see, Waffle Time is nothing more than a place for people to discard old couches, apparently.

Something we noticed everywhere we went in Wichita Falls was how people seemed genuinely helpful and friendly. Denny’s was no exception. We were seated immediately, had prompt service – never an empty coffee cup which is big on my list of needs – and we never had to wait for our waitress. One gentleman, not our waiter but, possibly a roaming manager of some sort was Johnny on the spot with refills and such, almost to a point of harassment, but this is good considering the reason I hadn’t been to San Antonio Denny’s in years.

There was no question that I would be ordering the Grand Slam, and though the cakes were not as fluffy as I recalled, they were still good; my eggs were over-easy as required, and the meat selections, both bacon and sausage, were tasty. This good food and outstanding service does not let the San Antonio based Denny’s off the hook, but if you are in Wichita Falls, I give you the thumps up to stop in.

Enjoy your breakfast and please don't forget the waitstaff.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites