Can somebody just shoot me now?
I already had to ban Oprah from the TV's in our house, now I'm thinking Animal Planet is going to have to be put off limits.
So I'm minding my own business and I hear a shrieking coming from the living room and it is my wife, Eva calling for me at full volume. Not because there is a special report of some national emergency, but because someone on Animal Planet has come up with a way to convince dogs that they don't need to drink directly from the kitchen sink.
More than a year ago, my wife thought it would be cute to teach our big dog, Gracie to drink from the little spray hose on the kitchen sink. Yes, what a wonderful sight to see. Ha ha.
Well, after we had our fun and I took a few pictures to show the family, we thought we were done with it. Gracie had a different idea. Call us bad Pet Parents, but a year later Gracie will give us a knowing nudge and then head for the kitchen where she will walk right by the regular water bowl and wait for some good clean fresh sink sprayer water.
So the big revelation from the Animal Planet was that they have this continuous flowing water fountain type dog bowl that is guaranteed to make dogs forget the kitchen sink.
Through no choice of my own, we had actually looked it up on the Internet, called the store, and driven to PetSmart in eleven minutes and forty-two seconds. Yes, my wife timed it. I'm happy to report that unlike many other shoppers, we left our precious pets at home.
So, $75.00 later, the little dog, Panda is happy to drink out of this new over sized water trough but Gracie was not immediately sold on the idea. She knew exactly what the new bowl was all about, including the continuous flow of water streaming into the bowl below. I bet she even knew that the water is delivered to the bowl only after processing through a filter system. But she wanted to give the sink one last shot for old sake.
Nope. Attempting to be firm, my wife and I stood by, arms folded and refused to accommodate Gracie and her kitchen sink addiction. Tens of minutes went by.
The little dog drank enough from the new bowl that she required a visit to the ladies.
Finally, Gracie gave in and took her first hesitant sips from this new water delivery system. This $75.00 water delivery system.
We have genuinely lost our minds. First, a dog sweater for Panda, and now this - a dog watering system. What have we become? What's next, will we call upon that little guy who comes to your house and shows you who the leader of the pack is?
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Busy Saturday Report: Tile
- Speaking of crappy neighbors...
- You may wish to avert your eyes...
- Shopping Report: World Market
- More Stupid Pet Tricks: The Amazing Water Fountain...
- Lunch Report: TGI Friday's
- Sunday Report: The Rim and Nature
- Panda Update: Doggy Fashion Sense
- Saturday Report: Beating the Rain...
- My GNW HOA Minutes: Okay, Hours Really...
- Dinner Report: Steak 'n Shake, and a few others
- HOA Meeting Tonight: WTF!
- Breakfast Report: IHOP on Father's Day
- Shoe Report: Shoe Carnival
- Merchant Report: Iggy's
- Sight Seeing: Wichita Falls
- Breakfast Report: Denny's
- Trip Report: Up 281 to Wichita Falls
- Our Trip to Wichita Falls and Back...
- Baby Update: Sid and the Empty Nesters
- Happy Father's Day
- And that makes four!
- Lunch Report: Home Cooking with Olga
- On the Scene
- Good Call!
- The Big Dilemma: The Final Sopranos or The Finals
- Adventures in Travel: Part 3
- Spurs Win Game 1
- Adventures in Travel: Part 2
- Adventures in Travel: Part 1
- Things I saw at HEB...
- Supper Report: Chili's: 1604 & Culebra
- I Guess I Live a Sheltered Life...
- ▼ Jun 2007 (33)