Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, June 11, 2007

Lunch Report: Home Cooking with Olga

So my wife and I had to swing by my mother-in-law's house Sunday to pick up some pictures or something. The plan was that we would drop in quickly, maybe long enough for a cup of coffee, then off to HEB Plus over on Potranco.

It just so happened that Olga, the mother-in-law in question, had made a roast with potatoes, carrots and get this, fresh green beans. Not canned, not frozen, I'm talking fresh as if she had found them on the ground in her back yard. Actually, they had come from La Fiesta.

At any rate, how can you pass up on roast on a Sunday?

In addition to the aforementioned en tree, she cut me a half-tomato, then covered it with fresh avocado. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm! What a tasty treat.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites