I finished up watching the second season of Dead Like Me this afternoon. I was so worried that I was going to get to the end of it and be royally pissed like I was with the US version of Life on Mars.
I do know that there is some sort of follow-up movie to DLM, but to be honest, I don't think it will be the same without Mandy Patinkin. Of course, I'll eventually see it but I suspect it won't be for a few years - if I stay par for my course of things like this.
Anyway, if you aren't familiar with it, a girl gets killed by a toilet seat that fell from a Soviet Mir Space Station and considering this little incident takes place in the first episode, you'd think it would be the end of the show. Instead, she has been selected to be a Reaper and go around taking the souls of people who are about to die. Very kind indeed.
If ya need to know more, read about it here and if you want to see it, check it out on Hulu.
Last night was also the final episode of the season for Rescue Me, the show with Denis Leary that my wife and I just love. Great finale which I won't spoil in case you have not checked your DVR yet. The only good thing about this being the end of the season is that now we can start watching Sons of Anarchy. Can't wait.
We have been watching Nurse Jackie and Hung. Both of them are half hour shows that should really be hour long episodes, but it does make it easier to fit them in to our schedule of limited TV watching times.
I have written previously, not very glowingly I might add, about the local to San Antonio show that comes on late Saturday nights called The Cleto Show. I have several of the episodes saved on the DVR and just haven't gotten to them. This is one show that took my wife all of the first five minutes to completely swear off of. I think it was the third or fourth episode that I was skimming through where I realized that it might be slightly funny, and at very minimum, the supporting actors on the show are very funny.
There was some guy who commented on my original post about the Cleto Show who probably worked for the producers. His comments and my subsequent fisking thereof, were probably more entertaining than the show itself; but again, I continue to hang on to the chance that Cleto will turn out to be a very funny show worth recommending. I'll let you know when I get around to watching the rest of the season. One thing for sure is that Cleto does not mind being the butt of the joke, and that is a good thing.
So I have already received a few suggestions for my next series to watch while hitting the treadmill. My sister suggested Buffy the Vampire or something like that. I'll have to commence searching through the selections on Hulu (they should start paying me for these plugs, but really, I just love that web page) and see what sparks an interest.
Or, I could just get some suggestions from you folks... Tell me what I need to watch next or leave a comment below.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- My Wife is a Regular Marlin Perkins...
- A Box of Rocks and a Mail Box...
- Home Invasion Stopper Device Thingy...
- Strange in 78250: Decorative Hitch Cover...
- New Friends of the GNW Library...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Close...
- Late Lunch Report: Acadiana...
- Used a Coupon: Dunkin' Donuts
- Dinner Report: Pizza Hut on Grissom...
- Friday Notes...
- Grissom Road Report: A Bridge to Pizza Hut...
- The NFL Season is Here!
- Lunch Report: Bruno's on West Hildebrand...
- Labor Day Report: Casino, Painting, Dexter...
- GNW Casino Night: Saturday 5 Sep at 7PM
- A Few Important Notes for Friday...
- TV and Internet Watching Notes...
- ▼ Sep 2009 (17)
- ► 2008 (333)