I have just a few moments to post here before I must report to my position in front of the TV where I will attempt to finish catching up on the Dexter Series before Season 4 kicks off, so I offer you this combined report on activities along Grissom Road.First: Alert reader Anon E. Mouse notified me of the opening of the Pizza Hut on Grissom at the intersection of Timber Path. You may recall that Pizza Hut used to reside in the building which is now occupied by Mr. Cod. We enjoyed great speculation at the beginning of the project when a sign popped up in the middle of a parking lot saying they were building a Pizza Hut - directly across the street from an existing Pizza Hut. Someone even suggested that it was all a mistake and that the construction crew started buldozing the wrong parking lot. Good times. They should have Snopes.com for the Great Northwest, just to keep us all straight.
In the end, We now have a fancy new Pizza Hut with wings! Go on; I know you want some.
And of course, second, it wouldn't be right to discuss the area of Grissom and Timber Path without mentioning the progress on the bridge that will guide us over the low water crossing there.
I wonder if the people paying for that billboard along the closed road feel as if they are getting the full bang for their advertising buck?
And finally, have you driven by the old Jefferson State Bank that closed their doors a while ago? What wild speculation do you have to offer on what this construction is all about? Another crazy Flip from the Montelongo Brothers? Another new Pizza Hut? Our very own Cheddar's on Grissom?
Have you tried to cross the bridge yet? Have you ordered up a pizza or some wings? Have any insider news on the new construction on the old bank? Why not leave a comment for us?
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- My Wife is a Regular Marlin Perkins...
- A Box of Rocks and a Mail Box...
- Home Invasion Stopper Device Thingy...
- Strange in 78250: Decorative Hitch Cover...
- New Friends of the GNW Library...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Close...
- Late Lunch Report: Acadiana...
- Used a Coupon: Dunkin' Donuts
- Dinner Report: Pizza Hut on Grissom...
- Friday Notes...
- Grissom Road Report: A Bridge to Pizza Hut...
- The NFL Season is Here!
- Lunch Report: Bruno's on West Hildebrand...
- Labor Day Report: Casino, Painting, Dexter...
- GNW Casino Night: Saturday 5 Sep at 7PM
- A Few Important Notes for Friday...
- TV and Internet Watching Notes...
- ▼ Sep 2009 (17)
- ► 2008 (333)