So we were out garage sailing this morning and among the numerous folks we ran into, was a couple who we met through our Cellular on Patrol course. They showed me a really spiffy device and I thought I'd share it with readers here.
Just so you know, while this flyer is an advertisement, I'm not getting some sort of kick back here, and in fact, they didn't ask me to post it; I just think it is worth looking at.I don't know what it is called - the the little flyer doesn't have a name on it but Frank showed me the actual device and it is a thick piece of nicely polished metal that screws into the floor in front of your door. It is thick enough to be strong, but thin enough that your door will open easily. It comes with a second piece of metal that is at a 90 degree angle (if my calculus is correct), and when you want your door to be safe from being kicked open, you simply slide this piece of metal into the slot and it sits securely up against the foot of the door. The punks ain't gettin' in when this thing is installed.
Anyway, there ya have it. If ya need one of these, the number is on the picture.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- My Wife is a Regular Marlin Perkins...
- A Box of Rocks and a Mail Box...
- Home Invasion Stopper Device Thingy...
- Strange in 78250: Decorative Hitch Cover...
- New Friends of the GNW Library...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Close...
- Late Lunch Report: Acadiana...
- Used a Coupon: Dunkin' Donuts
- Dinner Report: Pizza Hut on Grissom...
- Friday Notes...
- Grissom Road Report: A Bridge to Pizza Hut...
- The NFL Season is Here!
- Lunch Report: Bruno's on West Hildebrand...
- Labor Day Report: Casino, Painting, Dexter...
- GNW Casino Night: Saturday 5 Sep at 7PM
- A Few Important Notes for Friday...
- TV and Internet Watching Notes...
- ▼ Sep 2009 (17)
- ► 2008 (333)