Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Friday, October 3, 2008

GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...

My wife and I made the short trip down to the Lodge of the Great Northwest to attend the monthly executive Board meeting of the Great Northwest Community Improvement Association (GNWCIA). I'll keep the notes brief:

Community Manager Report:
  • If you have any suggestions for items that should be included in the next annual budget for the association, pleased send your ideas to our Community Manager at CM@greatnorthwest.org
  • Looking into the spiffy new marquees that have the electronic billboards. About $30K a copy.
  • Tennis courts improvements delayed due to Hurricane Ike. Turns out the Carnival People were also going to repave the courts. (Of course, I'm kidding).
  • As you might expect, there is an opening on the Board of Directors. You may submit your resume in any manner you'd like to convey your experience and desire to serve to our Community Manager.
DRACO:
  • There is an opening on the ACC committee - See Jose if interested
Recreation:
  • There will be an Adults Only Halloween Party on 17 October. See Passages for more info, and get your costumes, tune-up your Karaoke voice, and prepare yourself to dance.
  • 30 and 31 October, there will be a Haunted House at the Lodge. Again, see Passages for details.
Maintenance:
  • Something about fertilizing the grass - sorry, I was up getting coffee during this part of the meeting.
Security:
  • Reminder about NNO on Tuesday, and our Food Drive during the event. If you'd like to no more information on NNO or the Food Drive, please click here.
  • Some yutes in Village Northwest were captured on camera tagging some fences. Said taggers were identified and proper authorities notified. Sadly, the cameraman did not have his shotgun with him at the time of the incident. (Just kidding)
That was it friends. No other news to report. Of course, I would love to get your take on the meetings - feel free to send me your meeting notes, and I'll combine them with mine. Of course, you do have to attend...

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites