As a general rule, if I'm going to a Mexican place for breakfast, the menu involves a series of tacos with various fillings. My wife had different plans this morning. She wanted me to try out the "Slam Dunk" breakfast at ChaCho's on Bandera.
To say the Slam Dunk is a lot of vittles is an understatement. You could easily feed a small family with one order, or at minimum, share an order between adults.
Seriously, it is an obnoxious amount of artery clogging, grease-oozing sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes and pancakes. Are you kidding me? Each of the sausage patties looks like hand-made quarter-pounders.
The bacon is not the wimpy little two strips that come with most normal breakfasts (think Denny's, IHOP, Jim's), but instead a handful of thick, heavy meat that begs to be dipped in syrup. The fried potatoes are actually seasoned with a strong hint of onion. Not my thing for breakfast, but for those of you who swing that way, enjoy!
The pancakes are not as fluffy as you might get at one of the regular breakfast places, but they certainly are large and thick enough that you could eat only one and be satisfied.
In the end, we ate what we could then loaded up a container stuffed full of leftovers to take my mother-in-law for a mid-morning snack. Try it out - but seriously, a single order is plenty for two folks.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- And Just Like That...
- Lunch Report: Smashburger at Bandera Pointe...
- The Thanksgiving Report...
- It's Thanksgiving...
- El Mercado and Broadway 5050...
- So Long Chris Marrou...
- Wooden Nickel Report...
- My HEB Plus Trip: Chaps, Rage, Pillows, Love...
- Preparing for Eat Week...
- Stuffed: GNWatch Thanksgiving Dinner...
- Dinner Report: Ruby Tuesday in Alamo Ranch...
- Nice Ride...
- The CSI Trinity...
- Totally Transforming - Your Parents...
- Lunch Report: Fox & Hound on DeZavala at Vance Jac...
- Veterans Day in The Great Northwest...
- Lunch Report: Tito's on South Alamo...
- Lunch Report: Longhorn Cafe and Grille, Leon Sprin...
- Welcome Home Marine: Sgt Cesar B. Ruiz...
- Dinner Report: Wings, Pizza N Things on Culebra......
- Brett Favre Returns to Packer Land...
- Breakfast Report: ChaCho's on Bandera...
- ▼ Nov 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (333)