Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Breakfast Report: ChaCho's on Bandera...

As a general rule, if I'm going to a Mexican place for breakfast, the menu involves a series of tacos with various fillings. My wife had different plans this morning. She wanted me to try out the "Slam Dunk" breakfast at ChaCho's on Bandera.
To say the Slam Dunk is a lot of vittles is an understatement. You could easily feed a small family with one order, or at minimum, share an order between adults.
Seriously, it is an obnoxious amount of artery clogging, grease-oozing sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes and pancakes. Are you kidding me? Each of the sausage patties looks like hand-made quarter-pounders.

The bacon is not the wimpy little two strips that come with most normal breakfasts (think Denny's, IHOP, Jim's), but instead a handful of thick, heavy meat that begs to be dipped in syrup. The fried potatoes are actually seasoned with a strong hint of onion. Not my thing for breakfast, but for those of you who swing that way, enjoy!

The pancakes are not as fluffy as you might get at one of the regular breakfast places, but they certainly are large and thick enough that you could eat only one and be satisfied.
In the end, we ate what we could then loaded up a container stuffed full of leftovers to take my mother-in-law for a mid-morning snack. Try it out - but seriously, a single order is plenty for two folks.

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Hmm, looks like I could feed all three kids on that!

Keith Alan K said...

Had a bad breakfast at the Callaghan ChaCho's last weekend, but it was explained to me that the Bandera one is much better.
I WILL order this pile, and share some of it.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites