Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lunch Report: Fox & Hound on DeZavala at Vance Jackson...

Ever since we got our new Entertainment Coupon book, my wife has had this one coupon that keeps floating around.
Like a flashing sign begging her to take advantage of the good deal it offered, she had already torn it out of the book and had waved it at me several times before, even though I had other restaurants that simply needed to be checked off the list. Even today, I would have been happy with lunch at Texas Land & Cattle since they sent me a coupon in my e-mail, but no, the Fox and Hound coupon surfaced again.

What the hell, the place serves beer; why wouldn't I go?
We are not ones for bars per se, but if you add the words "and Grill" in any form to the end of it, we won't rule the place out. And from my experience in England, Pub & Grille works.

Inside, the place is a bit more upscale than your Chili's or Applebee's neighborhood grill & bar. This is a place you could take your boss or your mom, assuming they enjoy a nice cigar and a wide selection of beers, wines and spirits. And with TV's large and small everywhere, I could see this as a cool place for a game. Of course, we visit during off hours and the place was nearly empty - the way I prefer it.
But the important thing is, the grill was open and my wife and I both wanted the Black Forrest sandwich with the soft pretzel style bun. Seriously, the bun tasted like a soft pretzel but without those big huge hunks of salt on the top. The sandwich itself was made of turkey with lettuce and tomato, strips of bacon and honey mustard. Served with awesome, huge fries that were perfectly cooked, we both sat there and thoroughly enjoyed it all. And it helped that I had some sort of Fox Amber something or other to wash it down.

If you are just going for an alcohol free lunch, the price is not bad at all and the sandwiches we had were seriously tasty. I'd like to try some of their appetizers, just to see how they would turn out. We were there at a slow time of the day and as a result, service was not as great as it could have been, but what the hey.

Got a pub we need to visit for lunch? Tell me about it or leave a comment below.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites