Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, November 30, 2009

And Just Like That...

... The kids were gone - our daughter back to do good things in New Jersey and our son off to adventures in Oklahoma City. We sent them off knowing that they were well fed, then promptly got back to the DVR load of shows requiring our immediate attention. If that sounds a little too easy, I should just let you know that we have settled into this empty-nesting business by now.

And, technically, they aren't all gone. My daughter left the little dog, Panda, with us and her and the big dog, Gracie are getting along famously.
Need proof? I don't know if it was a result of the moon out the other night, but I think our two doggies have synced up in their personalities.
I understand from smarter people than me, that dogs will often roll around in dead things in order to acquire the scent and blend in. So the other night, Panda and Gracie played under the moonlight, rolling in something, I still don't know what. There was no visible poop on the ground and I could not locate any bones or body parts.
But for some reason, they both needed to be in that single spot in the grass, soaking it all up.

So in the end, we were happy for the kids visit and surely look forward to the next, but I think we'll be entertained until then.

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

Dogs having fun....and in my case...Cats having fun.

Life can be fun old bean.

The dogs and cats help.

Quite possibly the Gerbils do too but I have no idea...;-)

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites