... The kids were gone - our daughter back to do good things in New Jersey and our son off to adventures in Oklahoma City. We sent them off knowing that they were well fed, then promptly got back to the DVR load of shows requiring our immediate attention. If that sounds a little too easy, I should just let you know that we have settled into this empty-nesting business by now.
And, technically, they aren't all gone. My daughter left the little dog, Panda, with us and her and the big dog, Gracie are getting along famously.
Need proof? I don't know if it was a result of the moon out the other night, but I think our two doggies have synced up in their personalities.
I understand from smarter people than me, that dogs will often roll around in dead things in order to acquire the scent and blend in. So the other night, Panda and Gracie played under the moonlight, rolling in something, I still don't know what. There was no visible poop on the ground and I could not locate any bones or body parts.
But for some reason, they both needed to be in that single spot in the grass, soaking it all up.
So in the end, we were happy for the kids visit and surely look forward to the next, but I think we'll be entertained until then.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- And Just Like That...
- Lunch Report: Smashburger at Bandera Pointe...
- The Thanksgiving Report...
- It's Thanksgiving...
- El Mercado and Broadway 5050...
- So Long Chris Marrou...
- Wooden Nickel Report...
- My HEB Plus Trip: Chaps, Rage, Pillows, Love...
- Preparing for Eat Week...
- Stuffed: GNWatch Thanksgiving Dinner...
- Dinner Report: Ruby Tuesday in Alamo Ranch...
- Nice Ride...
- The CSI Trinity...
- Totally Transforming - Your Parents...
- Lunch Report: Fox & Hound on DeZavala at Vance Jac...
- Veterans Day in The Great Northwest...
- Lunch Report: Tito's on South Alamo...
- Lunch Report: Longhorn Cafe and Grille, Leon Sprin...
- Welcome Home Marine: Sgt Cesar B. Ruiz...
- Dinner Report: Wings, Pizza N Things on Culebra......
- Brett Favre Returns to Packer Land...
- Breakfast Report: ChaCho's on Bandera...
- ▼ Nov 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (333)