Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GNW Hosts Mayoral Debate...

No time to post a full report but we did get most of the candidates for SA Mayor out to the Lodge of the Great Northwest tonight.Present were, Lauro Bustamante, Julian Castro, Diane Cibrian, Trish DeBerry-Mejia, Napolean Madrid, and Rhett Smith. The no shows were busy or, ahem, otherwise detained.In addition to a good selection of candidates, thankfully, we had a very nice turn-out for the event. By the discussions taking place afterwards, the clear leaders in this forum were Mr. Castro and Ms. DeBerry-Mejia. I'll post a full report tomorrow.

Were you at the debate? Do you have an opinion about the event? Tell me about it or leave a comment here.

UPDATE: On the News4 WOAI 10 PM broadcast, Randy Beamer seemed to report that the GNW would be hosting a follow-up debate with the "top" candidates next week. I'm pretty sure Mr. Beamer confused our HOA with someone else.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

i spent many a year living in San Antonio..my dad was stationed at Kelly AFB and I went to Thomas Jefferson when I was a freshman..good ole San'tone

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites