Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, August 18, 2008

Recycle Report: Birdbath Planter...

It was a pretty productive weekend around here with lots of yard work and other activities. For instance, while I was busy rebuilding a portion of my deck out back, my wife was busy cleaning up a cracked bird bath by turning it into something useful (as opposed to just tossing it out into the middle of the green belt).This is the business end of a bird bath that belonged to my in-laws Lord knows how many years ago, and when they got a new one, we took it (just because my wife couldn't bear to let it go). Anyway, as you can see, it has a crack like the Liberty Bell, and as a result of this little defect, you'd have to be an early bird to get as much as a sip before the water escapes. In other words, it is pretty useless as a dispenser of refreshing cool water on a hot day.So, whipping out a can of white spray paint - proof that adults actually do purchase spray paint for projects other than tagging - my wife went to town on covering the old cement piece so it would look a little cleaner.We flipped it over, gave a few more coats for good measure.Then, like magic, some soil, a few cacti or succulents as the sign at Home Depot called them...And topped off with some rocks to give it a final touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...oh my sister is so talented...i loved this...pssss..just dont tell her about the fence pieces...shhhhh

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites