I had written a few times about the Reverend Seymour Perkins, an artist of sorts and a counselor to the addicted, who has been a fixture on San Antonio's near East Side. Aside from the story making the news due to Rev. Perkins popularity, I wondered if this type of thing happened in "normal neighborhoods". Well look no more, code compliance has made its way to the Five Oh.
Here's the short version: Some folks attempted to build a house in the neighborhood and stopped before it was complete. Hood rats made their way into the empty dwelling and commenced to tag things up, smoke the chronic and pork one another without regard for paying taxes or meeting the minimal requirements of the deed restrictions of our HOA. Following a year of bureaucracy, it was on the owners to tear down the house. We learned that the owners had built a cement frickin' house, roof included. WTF? I get cement floors and cement walls, but cement ceilings and roofs? Nice shingles, dumbass! Talk about Strange in 78250.So here we go. The order comes down to demolish the house and the owner/builder gets started by cutting out portions of the roof. The cement roof. And now we have an unstable situation. Heaven forbid a handful of teens go into this house to tag the place and it fall on them. Well, let me try that again. Heaven forbid an innocent person find them self in that abandon house and it fall on them.So as you might imagine, lots of folks want this place torn down, and now! And I mean with the same interest that the city and the media has going for the Seymour Perkins place.Turns out, demolition was underway today, Saturday. And here are your pictures.Rest easy, you shan't see any artwork here, and apparently, no cheap hookers. Perhaps we need an art district in the Five Oh.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Creepy Spurs Fan is Back...
- Reminder for GNW Residents
- GNW Green Report: We Need to Take a Walk...
- Spurs - Suns: Gorilla Situation...
- The Fiesta Report: Smells Like Fart...
- Town Hall Meeting Report...
- Lunch Report: La Margarita...
- Lunch Report: Cheesy Janes...
- Seymour Destruction: Five Oh Style...
- Important Bill Report
- Mobile Phone Report: Why Chocolate Sucks...
- London Trip Report: Jeff Kay Style...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Strange in Leon Valley: Mobile Garbage Collection....
- Postal Report: Forget the Rain, Sleet or Snow - Fi...
- Snack Report: Po-Po's Jerky...
- Art Report: Expressing My Inner Monet...
- Priorities Report: This Year, I Learned A Lot...
- Lunch Report: Bobby J's in Helotes...
- River Walk Construction Update: Final Four Style
- ▼ Apr 2008 (20)