Okay, not really. More like my inner Bob Vila. And even Bob Vila would be offended at my sloppy workmanship. But life goes on, right? It would probably help if I told you what I was talking about. This past Friday morning, I drove to work and noticed that not only had some inconsiderate bastards tagged the Oscar Perez Memorial Park, they scribbled the entire length of the wall that makes up the side of a church. I called 311 on my way to work and alerted the city of the park situation but really, with the Final Four in town, don't expect any clean-up before Tuesday or Wednesday.I suppose a picture is worth a thousand words - or at least a handful of vulgarities if you can make them out.If you are wondering wear I'm talking about, this building is on the corner of Timber Path and Grissom and was at one time an HEB. When HEB relocated to the corner of Grissom/Culebra/Tezel, this building turned into a hugely popular nightclub called Coyotes. Later, it became Tejano Texas and pretty much died out. Now, it has opened as a church called Living Waters (I think).
I'm sure most people who drove by this afternoon and saw GNWCIA Director Richard Garcia and I painting over the profanity just assumed that we were from the church. That's fine. It doesn't matter who does it, but someone needs to clean up the mess, so we did.I hear people complaining that the patches of paint not matching the original color look just as bad as the taggers' work. I'll agree it isn't perfect by Bob Vila or any stretch, but it is better for sure.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Creepy Spurs Fan is Back...
- Reminder for GNW Residents
- GNW Green Report: We Need to Take a Walk...
- Spurs - Suns: Gorilla Situation...
- The Fiesta Report: Smells Like Fart...
- Town Hall Meeting Report...
- Lunch Report: La Margarita...
- Lunch Report: Cheesy Janes...
- Seymour Destruction: Five Oh Style...
- Important Bill Report
- Mobile Phone Report: Why Chocolate Sucks...
- London Trip Report: Jeff Kay Style...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Strange in Leon Valley: Mobile Garbage Collection....
- Postal Report: Forget the Rain, Sleet or Snow - Fi...
- Snack Report: Po-Po's Jerky...
- Art Report: Expressing My Inner Monet...
- Priorities Report: This Year, I Learned A Lot...
- Lunch Report: Bobby J's in Helotes...
- River Walk Construction Update: Final Four Style
- ▼ Apr 2008 (20)