Is there no food item that I will not toss down my gullet then report my findings? I think not! And just the other day at work, I was the beneficiary of some mighty fine luck in that a co-worker had an unplanned layover in the Houston Airport and encountered a man selling beef jerky. Not just any beef jerky, but his own Po-Po's Old West Style Beef Jerky.
Now I must tell you that I'm not a huge fan of beef jerky, mostly because of the jerky part of the situation. I just don't like the idea that most beef jerky seems like leather to me. Oh sure, people spice it up or make it some sort of special flavor, but my usual complaint (aside from the cost) is the fact that it is tough.This Po-Po's was like biting into a tender piece of steak. It almost felt moist and juicy as opposed to what I have experienced before. The flavor was incredible with a perfect blend of spices.
Now here is the deal; this guy doesn't seem to have a web site to sell his product, but he told my colleague that his family members sell the stuff out at Bussey's Flea Market. I sent him an e-mail and sure enough, he tells me that you can buy it from his brother out of the office there. Needless to say, I'm gonna have to make a trip out there to see if I can round up another pouch.We went through an 8 ounce bag of the stuff in less time than it takes to spot a chubby girl at Curves. It wasn't until I read the nutrition information that we had just consumed 4 servings apiece at a rate of one a minute. Seriously, that was some good stuff!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Creepy Spurs Fan is Back...
- Reminder for GNW Residents
- GNW Green Report: We Need to Take a Walk...
- Spurs - Suns: Gorilla Situation...
- The Fiesta Report: Smells Like Fart...
- Town Hall Meeting Report...
- Lunch Report: La Margarita...
- Lunch Report: Cheesy Janes...
- Seymour Destruction: Five Oh Style...
- Important Bill Report
- Mobile Phone Report: Why Chocolate Sucks...
- London Trip Report: Jeff Kay Style...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Strange in Leon Valley: Mobile Garbage Collection....
- Postal Report: Forget the Rain, Sleet or Snow - Fi...
- Snack Report: Po-Po's Jerky...
- Art Report: Expressing My Inner Monet...
- Priorities Report: This Year, I Learned A Lot...
- Lunch Report: Bobby J's in Helotes...
- River Walk Construction Update: Final Four Style
- ▼ Apr 2008 (20)