Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

River Walk Construction Update...

I had to make a short trip downtown today and thought, what the heck, I haven't looked over the side of the bridge in a while and perhaps it would be a good to take a look at the latest construction of our new River Walk extension. From my vantage point at the bridge on McCullough and St Mary's, here are a few pictures.Oh and before I forget, there were actual tourists (or attractively dressed homeless people with cameras) walking along the walk, even though the water is still being diverted. When you see actual people on the sidewalk, you get a better appreciation for the size. I know in looking back at the pictures, I have occasionally thought that the project seems much smaller.This is the view looking toward Alamo Heights. I have liked the style of this project all along. I like that not each set of steps looks the same and there are constant curves along the way. As it goes along, I enjoy the finishing touches too. You can't see it from here, but it looks up close like they have done some good work in welding the handrails and such. These views are looking toward downtown. I like the look of the street lamps and can see the landscaping starting to come in - in spite of our recent cold snap. I know, it is tough to handle 50 degrees in the morning.

1 comment:

Albatross said...

Fifty degrees in the morning?

Brrr!

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites