Community Manager Report:
- CM reported that the meeting was going to be very brief so that the board could go into closed session to get a presentation on the budget.
- If you have any suggestions for items that should be included in the next annual budget for the association, pleased send your ideas to our Community Manager at CM@greatnorthwest.org (I added this bullet from last month just as a reminder.)
- Nothing to report.
- The youth soccer will be having All-Star matches, the first of which is this Saturday.
- Unfortunately, the Chili Cook-off and crafts show and other events scheduled for this weekend have been canceled. Not enough sign-ups to make it worth the cost.
- There will be a Hot Chocolate Social on Dec 11th.
- Fred tells us that the Haunted House for Halloween was a huge success, possibly the best so far.
- Two people, Christy Adams and Connie Chavez were instrumental in volunteering to help the staff. Kudos to them and thanks for their support.
- The fog machine caused the smoke alarm to go off twice generating responses from the Fire Department. They were good sports about it and enjoyed the haunted house!
- Reminder about the Veterans Day ceremony scheduled for 11AM on 11 Nov at the Silver Creek Lodge. Hey - 11th hour of 11th day of the 11th month... must mean something ;)
We were also reminded of the Town Hall meeting scheduled for Tuesday, 11 November. This is your opportunity to come see the proposed budget and comment on it. Even if you don't normally attend the board meetings, you might want to attend this one. Hope to see you there.
On a final note: For those of you wondering where the heck I've been all week, I have been out in my back yard! I promise, pictures and details will come this weekend as well as probably a restaurant review or two.