I received a near frantic phone message at work today from my wife who was simply beside herself. It would appear that someone had left something in our front yard, but so as to warn us of the situation, they were kind enough to leave a little marker.
I'm guessing this is something covered by Miss Manners, because while the leaving of one's "business" is certainly not something she would condone, I suspect Miss Manners would be proud that the assailant left a clear signal for us to avoid a messy situation.Of course, I'm talking about someone taking a big huge dump in my front yard. Okay, upon closer inspection, it was probably their dog that took the crap and left it there.The norm is to pick up your dog's doo and put it in a bag (displaying it proudly to onlookers) and carry it home to dispose of properly. I can only speculate that someone had a dog get loose and upon chasing it down to my front yard, was not prepared to remove said matter. But because we live in a neighborhood with predominantly nice and respectful people, the pet-parent kindly found a stick to mark the territory. I suppose you could call this a Crap Marking System (CMS).
Thank you, polite pet owner.
Attention PETA: No pets were harmed in the making of this blog, though I suspect there is at least one dog who could benifit from the Purina One program.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Fear Report: Public Speaking...
- Timber Path Construction Update...
- GNWatch Appreciation Dinner Report
- Strange at The Pearl Brewery...
- Pearl Farmers Market Report: Give it a Try...
- Lunch Report: Spanky's Smokehouse on Blanco...
- All Out of Love? Really?
- Did ya Need Some Free Bread?
- Dinner Report: Mr. Cod, Part 5 (and Final I might ...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- The Remodel Report: Not One, But Two Bathrooms...
- Jury Duty Report: So Close...
- Lunch Report: Big's at Potranco and 151...
- Remod Report: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- Miss Manners: CMS?
- One For the Complaint Department...
- Lunch Report: Lea's Pulled Pork...
- River Walk Construction Update: I'm Done...
- Lunch Report: Friendly's...
- Flea Market Report: Columbus Farmers Market in NJ....
- TV Report Update: The Cleto Show...
- ▼ Jun 2009 (21)
- ► 2008 (333)