I don't want to make it appear as though I am complaining. I mean, I like Air Supply and their Greatest Hits just as much as the next guy. But can we at least agree that at some point, headphones are in order?
For the past few months, several of the neighbors on my street and the next one over have been on the receiving end of some liquored-up guy who must be going through some sort of emotional state that requires him to turn on an extremely low quality boom box at more than extremely high volumes, blasting music at random times of the day. It could be 9am or midnight.
I hate those cars that make that deep bass thump-thump-thump sound, but I almost wish this guy could get some speakers like those, just so the music he is blasting into my yard from five houses down could sound a little better.
I like oldies just as much as the next mid-forties guy. And who doesn't want to attend a wedding and hear Air Supply proclaim that they are all out of love? Hell, I'll even admit to owning the album, if you will accept that I purchased it when I was a member of the Columbia House Record Club and it was one of my free 8 albums for a penny, at the age of 16.
So tonight, my wife goes out to our lower deck and sets up the projector, puts in a DVD of the movie Chicken Run, and we kick back to enjoy the almost cool breeze and watch a flick. It was almost like being at the drive-in, only I don't have to smuggle in the beer because it is in my refrigerator and I own the place.
Anyway, we keep the volume at a relatively subdued level, but loud enough to hear, when the next thing you know, instead of chickens clucking and such, I keep hearing Air Supply. And I don't mean an occasional high pitched chorus, I'm talking every note and every octave.
Oh sure, if it had been some George Strait or some AC/DC, I might suspect the guy is having a pool party, but no; at 10PM on a Friday night, dude has Air Supply on about a three or four song rotation. Let's hope he was wearing pants.
Headphones my friend; headphones.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Fear Report: Public Speaking...
- Timber Path Construction Update...
- GNWatch Appreciation Dinner Report
- Strange at The Pearl Brewery...
- Pearl Farmers Market Report: Give it a Try...
- Lunch Report: Spanky's Smokehouse on Blanco...
- All Out of Love? Really?
- Did ya Need Some Free Bread?
- Dinner Report: Mr. Cod, Part 5 (and Final I might ...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- The Remodel Report: Not One, But Two Bathrooms...
- Jury Duty Report: So Close...
- Lunch Report: Big's at Potranco and 151...
- Remod Report: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- Miss Manners: CMS?
- One For the Complaint Department...
- Lunch Report: Lea's Pulled Pork...
- River Walk Construction Update: I'm Done...
- Lunch Report: Friendly's...
- Flea Market Report: Columbus Farmers Market in NJ....
- TV Report Update: The Cleto Show...
- ▼ Jun 2009 (21)
- ► 2008 (333)