Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Saturday, April 28, 2007

More on Downtown SA...


A quick follow-up to the downtown trolley; it costs $1.00 to ride (first transfer is free). A colleague and I had to go from our downtown office over to the H.B. Gonzales Convention Center, so we thought it would be a nice chance to take the trolley and not have to pay for parking when we just needed to make a short trip.

I have to tell you, the trolley has very cool air conditioning. On a hot day, that would be worth the buck just to get out of the sun for a while. Experienced bus riders will know that the driver doesn’t make change – so be ready. I didn’t have anything smaller than a ten so my co0worker had to pay my way until I could make change for our return trip to the office.

While we were waiting for the ride back to our office, we stood at the downtown trolley station. People often complain about the “gift” from Mexico, the big Gumby looking sculpture, but in all honesty, I think it does make a nice distraction from some of the “downtown people” waiting for the bus.

Coming soon, I hope to tell you about my neighborhood, Silver Creek, and also, our first guest correspondent will be reporting about sidewalks and such in Mission Trace.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites