Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Obligatory Final Post...

Over 1,000 posts and three and a half years later, it is time to switch things up a bit. If you have followed at all, you understand that just as Eva and I are physically moving, it is time for the blog to take a slightly different direction.

You know, I could just as easily change the name of this blog and continue writing about new things, but as I have gone back and looked at some of the older posts, I somewhat selfishly want to preserve it as it is. And, frankly, I can see myself linking back to certain posts from the new blog.

In spite of the fact that time has limited my ability to update this blog as often as I used to, for some reason, I still get 100 hits a day from people searching for places to eat, looking for places to live, or information on Jennifer Broom's boobs.

Silver Creek 78250 also served as a launching point for several friendships created when readers found the blog searching for information on our neighborhood. Some folks we met in person, others exchanged e-mails and more than a few left comments from time to time, and I do appreciate it. Being a D-list celebrity at the HEB or Home Depot ranks you right up there with the people who spill an end cap full of cans or the shoplifter paraded from the office to an awaiting police car. It isn't as though writing this blog made me any money, but it is nice to have the occasional total stranger walk up and say they enjoy reading it. Thanks to those of you who stroked my ego, even if I looked totally embarrassed or had no idea what to say.

If you have been a regular reader here, I invite you to join us at the new blog called, Living Out Here.
The page looks a little different, but it pretty much will be the same old stuff: Places we go, people we see, things we do and food we eat. The added bonus is, we'll tell you what it is like moving from a cozy sub-division with all the conveniences and amenities you could ask for, to a fairly wide open space where they don't even have cable TV yet! Expect some growing pains!

If you have just found Silver Creek 78250, I invite you to join us at the new place too; but first, I would also ask you to take a few minutes and scroll down to the archives. You just may find a new place to eat or see something that makes you giggle.

5 comments:

Anon E. Mouse said...

If you want DirecTV out there, one of the guys working with me to sell CLEAR 4G wireless internet, happens to be a dealer & installer tech for DirecTV. You've got my cell # & email address if you need those services. I suspect you moved out too far to get CLEAR, however.

Hughes Net, Wild Blue, & Internet America would be your three likely satellite Internet sources, or using a 3G card.

Hmm, CLEAR's 4G+ hotspot might work, cheaper than ATT, but that's your choice.

Anonymous said...

.....stone ..i really like the new blog caption.......(diego says how about citystickers)......just wishing you both the best..and now you wont have to go to garner to camp out...haha...thank you for making my sisters dream come true...i also chose a name for your place.....'starry starry nights" because hopefully thats all you all will be seening...

frankvw said...

Best of luck with the move. We'll miss you in this part of SA but look forward to reading about your continuing adventures on the new blog.

brenty said...

Sorry to see everyone here in SC will lose a good neighbor, but just like a good TV episode, time to go on to the next scene, "Living Out Here" staring your favorite couple, Eva and Dave, and cut...

Albatross said...

Changing the link at my place.

About Your Host

My Photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog