Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Friday, July 16, 2010

Strange on 6th Street in Austin....

Well, that probably goes without saying given the abundance of "Keep Austin Weird" bumper stickers, but at any rate, regular reader Lee reports that he was in Austin the other day and saw this little jewel.
Lee says,
"Took this pic last nite at corner off LaVaca & 6th Street in downtown Austin. SmartCar driver couldn't find any other free parking, too cheap to pay valet parking @ $6. Valet told me that gal was a regular at Belmont's restaurant, where I was attending a function."

Seriously, you'd think the gal would have just pulled up on the walk and chained it to that bike rack.

Strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete wants a Smartcar to pull behind our Class B RV. I told him that I would be laughing so hard just looking at it that I wouldn't be able to climb in it and I would also be hiding from the viewing, laughing public!! ha ha ha!! Seriously, I'd rather have a Neon!!

Lydia

M2 said...

It's not uncommon to see Smart cars parked like that in major European cities. As a matter of fact, I think it was a selling point for the car!

I'm just not sure it's legal in Texas...

Cheers! M2

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog