Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Parking...

If I hadn't said it before, thanks to all of you who have served in the military and I hope you had an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend.

While I was out and about, I saw two brilliant parking situations worth mentioning.
This first one was at the Home Depot on 1604 in Alamo Ranch. How do you explain this? Was the guy a member of the "curb-climbers club" suggested by Deep Forest in his comment to my post about trying to make a right hand turn at a stop light? Was it a lady driver? Was it a man driver who doesn't know how to use his truck yet? Or was it just some liquored up guy who couldn't keep it between the lines? The funny thing is, there are no cars parked in the next space or the next ten spaces on the passenger side, so it wasn't a case of someone trying to squeeze in. Who knows?
This next one is the type of thing that simply drives me nuts because there is just no excuse for it. As you can see, I am driving up the lane of an obvious one direction row of parking spots at the HEB. The Mustang in front of me is doing the same thing. If you see the white Excursion or Suburban in front of him, it is an inconsiderate A-Hole driving down the aisle in the wrong direction. Hey, I can see this happening by accident from time to time; it is memorial day and you've had several beers when your wife sends you to HEB for some tortillas, hot dogs and more beer. You turn down the aisle and maybe you feel like a jerk. But this wasn't the case.

This guy was actually parked in the second parking slot at the top of the aisle and he had to do a five or six point turn in order to back out of his space and purposely go the wrong direction while those of us going the proper direction had to wait and then make room for him to pass. He literally could have backed out, gone the proper direction and turned into the next aisle going the proper direction and been out of the parking lot a minute sooner. But no, he was a first class jerk. And he had the nerve to give me a dirty look when I made room for him to pass by me. Strange.

Update: Added some important links at the top...

3 comments:

Albatross said...

Ugh. I can't stand those wrong-way-in-one-way-lane drivers either. And you're right: Inevitably they give you a dirty look if you don't get out of their way soon enough.

Dorks.

Sabra said...

Remember when they used to have the one-way aisles in the Commissary? And there would always be someone wander down it the wrong way and then not understand why they were getting dirty looks? These wrong-way parking lot drivers always remind me of that. (Of course, the stupid people eventually won out at the Commissary.)

As for the curb hopper...I'm thinking someone who is bad at parking and knows it and thankfully is parking at the back of the lot so they don't hit anyone.

Adam said...

One of these days I'm going to have a showdown with one of those wrong way jerks when I snap and just dont move. That could prove to be interesting.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog