Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strange in HEB: Uppity Dog Food...

Don't get me wrong, we love our dog(s)* and feed them a healthy diet** of Purina One dog food. But the other day we were in the HEB Plus and spotted this little gem.
Without sounding like those people on SNL who keep asking, Really? Really. Really? Can I just say, Really? Refrigerated dog food? Hell, my wife can't believe that I put ice cubes in the dogs water bowl or let the big one drink from the sink, and you want to sell her some fancy dog food that has to be refrigerated?

Strange.

* My wife only loves one of our dogs.
** One of our dogs is healthy, the other dog is San Antonio-sized.

5 comments:

Albatross said...

Linked it.

And, by the way, if your dog is San Antonio-sized, does that mean Charles Barkley won't pet it?

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

have you read the ingredients on the back of your dog food?
I did once and after that I read all the dog ingredients *and cat*
and now I only get food that has no chicken parts(beaks, feet and feathers)and the first ingredient is meat, chicken or veal.
so far the best is pet smart's brand..

Dave said...

...now I only get food that has no chicken parts(beaks, feet and feathers)

In all fairness, my little dog has been seen attempting to eat the big dogs poop as it comes out like an ice cream dispenser. I hardly think she would mind a few beaks, feet and feathers mixed in the kibble.

The issue is, getting her to use doggy-safe mouthwash.

Brad said...

In all fairness, my little dog has been seen attempting to eat the big dogs poop as it comes out like an ice cream dispenser.

We had that problem with ours. A powder we ordered off Amazon called (appropriately enough) Stop Eating Poop worked wonders

Dave said...

We had that problem with ours. A powder we ordered off Amazon called (appropriately enough) Stop Eating Poop worked wonders

That shit is funny.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog