Yes; 1,000. And some of you have been here from the very beginning. Thanks for continuing to come back from time to time over the last three years. It never has been my intent to sell anything, just maybe turn you on to a good restaurant or two or maybe save you the agony of trying a place that is just bad. We can all use a Tasty Treat, and I hope I have turned you on to a few.
One of my favorite things is to share with you the oddities I find during my daily drive. I like to pay homage to Strange in San Antonio, a blog that is more focused than I am on the happenings around town. So when I have found something "Strange in 78250" I hope you always follow the link to even more good stuff around San Antonio. Cars crashing into houses and fences (and mail boxes) must be chronicled.
My layout is purposely big. A large font that is easy to read and pictures that somehow don't seem to always be centered the way I want them to. I keep threatening myself with changing the format into something a little more contemporary - something more newspaper like, but can you imagine going back and fixing 1,000 posts?
I tried to take a brief hiatus at one point but found that even if I didn't have the time to write, I still had things to tell. So the brief hiatus was really brief. Instead, I have learned that I just don't have to post something everyday, and if I go a full week without posting, life goes on. And yet, that small hand full of you continue to come back.
I hope you might consider checking out some of the blogs I link to; either in the Sites for San Antonio, Check This out, or Blogs I Visit sections. All you need to do is scroll down to the end of the page and click. And if you are a regular here with a blog I haven't linked to, why not shoot me an e-mail so I can add it?
Finally, one of the best things about having a blog is meeting folks. Eva and I have met some folks we consider to be great people and friends simply from the interactions here. Sid & Al, Matt & Leah, Pete & Lydia, Rick, Maureen and several more. Hell, we didn't even meet Jacque (aka YellowDog Granny) in person, but she hooked us up for dinner during a visit to West, TX. Blogs are great for interacting with folks. If you don't have one, give it a try and send me the link. Oh, and feel free to follow me. If you have a Google account, you know the drill.
And that's it. 1,000.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- Jim's and Denny's: The Blanco Situation...
- One Thousand Posts... That's a lot....
- Lunch Report: Jacala on West Ave.
- Please Consider the Guy Behind You...
- Strange on Culebra: Don't Forget the Sunscreen...
- LOST: The End...
- Has It Really Been 22 Years: Happy Birthday, Roxan...
- A Little Bit About Me...
- Dinner Report: BJ's in Alamo Ranch...
- The Missing Chicken Head in Bandera...
- The Hail You Say...
- Wooden Nickle Unveiling Report: That's a Big Nickl...
- Sunday Morning Report:
- Wooden Nickle Museum Grand-Reopening...
- Breakfast Report: Tink-a-Tako on Potranco...
- Strange in HEB: Uppity Dog Food...
- New Siding and Paint...
- I Believe Bob Wacaster is Our Future...
- The Great Northwest Annual Meeting is Upon Us...
- ▼ May 2010 (19)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)