Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Siding and Paint...

We finally pulled the trigger on our plan to replace our siding and repaint the house.
The main issue was the crappy siding that the original home builder put on the house. It looked like a wave going across the back of the place. Very embarrassing, indeed.

Oh sure, I could have done it myself, I suppose... But we went with DK Construction and could not be happier with the entire process and final product.
It took me a minute to adjust my eyes to the new look but I love it.

See the complete action here on the Flickr page, and if you need the contact info, I'll be happy to e-mail you.

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We have stucco. I would love vinyl siding, but I cringe to think of the price tag...

It looks GREAT!

Dave said...

We went with Hardee (Hardy, Hardie?) siding - it is a cement fiber board of some sort. Looks like wood but won't burn or get et up by termites.

Ashlee Starns said...

The new siding is definitely a huge improvement! It looks a lot more interesting now. I think it would have been pretty cool if you'd done it yourself, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting help from the professionals as well! After all, that's what they're there for, hahaha!

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog