Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, April 12, 2010

Visiting The Memorial in Oklahoma City...

One of the places I had on my short list to see during our brief trip was the memorial created following the truly senseless bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City. One of my wife's friends suggested it was best seen at night, and as the sun went down on Friday evening, my son drove us to the scene of the crime.I think Wikipedia does a fairly nice job of sorting out the details for those that can't recall that day, April 19th, 1995.
My own thoughts are that this is an incredibly wonderful and inspirational reflection on the events that transpired and tribute to those that lost their lives and those that survived the tragedy.
My limited photography skills don't do justice to the place; but feel free to take a look and see what we saw over at the Flickr page.
And if you ever get the opportunity to visit Oklahoma, daytime or night, take at least a few minutes to see it in person.

1 comment:

RB said...

Dave, next time you are here be sure and take the tour of the museum the city has set up regarding the bombing. It's really pretty good.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog