I know that you could consider me typical of people in society today where I am less interested in knowing minute by minute details of the Texas Primaries, and more interested in seeing an hour long re-run of last weeks LOST episode with pop-ups to explain all the crap that I didn't understand the first time around. My wife and I both did our civic duty today and voted, so now leave me the hell alone and quit playing those stupid political commercials.
LOST learned a thing or two from Monday Night Football back when Dennis Miller was one of the commentators. They knew that he was entirely too smart for us viewers, so they actually had Internet columns posted Tuesday mornings, explaining all the funny stuff Miller had said the night before.
Now, with LOST, they are showing the previous episode complete with little pop-ups (sort of like VH1's old Pop-Up Video where they would play a song and trivia about it at the same time). This hour of reflection is crucial for us to understand what the hell the writers were thinking last week, and to prepare us for the new episode coming on tonight.
Of course, if your local news station, KSAT-12 in our case, decides to screw me over by blocking the informative captions with uninteresting, up to the minute voting information that is not important anyway, after all, you still have to hold the real election, it shows that they are complete morons. Notice the slight edge of green just above the election banner? That tells me that I am missing a crucial piece of information. (And yes, I'm happy that Delicia Herrera didn't win, but that is beside the point).
Seriously, do you people at KSAT not even know what it is you are showing on TV and the crucial point - in fact the only point - people would watch a rerun? Here's a bright idea? Why don't you interrupt Grey's Anatomy with Erectile Dysfunction images during the middle of some scene where two doctors are being naughty in the locker room. That would make about as much sense.
KSAT, you people disgust me. Except for Ursula Pari.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- Strange On the Way Home...
- A Monday Update...Moth, Jone's Washateria, Timber ...
- Friday Report: Texting, Birthday, Construction, Fo...
- Ride in the Country Report: Hwy 97...
- Strange in My Doritos...
- Dinner Report: Carl's Jr On Bandera Road...
- Helpful Shopping Tips...
- You Know How I Despise Horatio Cane...
- Random Video Report: Happy Birthday...
- Friday Notes: Timber Path and BK...
- Stimulating the Economy: $550 Vacuum Cleaner...
- Thanks KSAT-12: You Ruined LOST!
- Lunch Report: Cow Camp Bar-B-Q in Floresville...
- ▼ Mar 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)