Saturday we made our annual trip to the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo to walk the grounds and shop the various booths set-up for the event. Of course, since we do this every year, I'm certain I have written about it before, so I'll just share a few items that stood out this time around and suggest you hit the Flickr Page for more pictures if you can't make it out to the rodeo yourself.
One of the highlights for us is going through the various lines to collect free samples. Really, this is like going to the HEB Plus, but doing it outside! And of course, the lines are a little longer.
These days professional rodeo riders actually wear helmets for safety and now, the sample tables have all lawyered-up and place warning signs on even the most obvious of samples. Seriously, how did our forefathers make it from the East Coast to California without all the warning labels?
As you walk around the grounds, you will see it packed wall to wall with people of all sizes, shapes and manner of dress, though mostly people are dressed with a ranch and cowboy theme. Of course, there was this one guy...
Oh, and this lady was just coming from a meeting of the local PETA group.
My wife alerted me to this horrific sight. Turns out Sponge Bob Square Crack is in training to be a plumber.
And when you really have an appetite for food... there are plenty of exciting food options. Fried Ice Cream, Chicken Fried Bacon? Yum!
But since Valentines Day is tomorrow, we stuck with something a little more traditional for the day; chocolate dipped strawberries.
Have you been able to get to the rodeo with all the crappy weather this week? We'd love to know if you saw anything worth sharing with the group. Use the comments button below and do tell!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- New Fangled Devices: We Have the CrackBerry...
- Strange in Church: Is That a Nipple?
- Random Photo Report: Twenty Dollar Dare...
- Lunch Report: Maggiano's Little Italy...
- Nothing Says Love Like...
- The Way We Were...
- Trip Report: Bigfoot, TX...
- Valentine Breakfast in 78250...
- San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Report
- Dinner Report: The TRH Valentines Deal...
- Catching Up With February: Notes....
- Dinner Report: DQ on Culebra...
- Mattress Guy
- February, Already?
- ▼ Feb 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)