Perhaps you could take a moment to think warm thoughts for the family of retired SAPD Detective Arnulfo Chavarria, a resident of the GNW who recently passed away.
According to the obit in the SA Express-News, "Mr. Chavarria was retired from the San Antonio Police Department after 34 years of honorable and dedicated duty as a public servant. He was also a recipient of the Purple Heart, was an Officer of the Year and received the Department of Justice & the F.B.I. Award for his duty."
I never met Mr. Chavarria but have a great deal of respect for the man. What the obituary didn't say and what insiders tell me is that Mr. Chavarria was a premiere homicide detective and mentor. He was well respected by his fellow officers and strangely enough, well respected by the criminal element he routinely made cases against.
Eva and I thank him for his service, and to the family and friends of this fine man, we offer our condolences.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- Lunch Report: Longhorn at 1604 and I-10...
- Fan Mail Report: Spicy!
- LOST!: Can't Wait!
- Parking Report: Compact Only, I Guess...
- Crap on Your Car...
- Suspicious Noise Report: I Can't Hear it Either.....
- Mall Report: The Shops at La Cantera...
- Saints Win: Pants Fall...
- Reporting Meetings Report: No Report...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys in Westpointe on Highway ...
- The HEB Conspiracy: Blueberry Activia...
- Taco Report: Mya's on Culebra near 1604...
- Lunch Report: San Antonio Burger Co....
- Friday Notes: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- My Drive on Culebra Today...
- Follow-up Dining Notes: Ruby Tuesday...
- Conan Vs. Jay: Again?
- RIP: Det. Arnulfo Chavarria...
- Strange at Sea Island: Hats...
- Evening Snack Report: Sporting News Grill on 151.....
- Lunch Report: T.J.'s on New Laredo Highway...
- 2010 Polar Bear Swim
- Strange on New Years Eve: The Things I Saw...
- ▼ Jan 2010 (23)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)