One of the regulars here asked my wife why it is I no longer provide local readers with my very informative, detailed reports of our homeowner association meetings. Oh sure, it would be a hoot to offer you a perspective of someone actually sitting on the board as opposed to the notes I offered as a regular member of the audience, but really, I think we can all agree (and I'm sure my fellow directors would insist), that would be a big no-can-do.
There is nothing so secret that is going on behind the scenes - in spite of the rumors you may hear, the faxes you get from people supposedly in the know - but the real reason is that the people on the board need to feel confident that they can discuss something with their fellow directors and be on the wrong side of a vote without it making the news.
The good news is that if you are a GNW resident, you can attend the board meetings on the third Thursday of the month and you can even get up and speak. Prior to the start of the meeting last Thursday, we heard from a resident with many relevant concerns for the board and I only wish more of you could have been there to appreciate the comments and the response from the board. There was a very good exchange of information, commentary and facts, and in the end, I think the board and the audience members found a very good common understanding of the challenges we have faced and the direction we are heading. This is a good thing.
I won't bore you with details of the actual board meeting, but I will encourage you to check out the Great Northwest Web Page where you can update yourself on the latest news from our association.
And I do hope you can make it to our next meeting in person.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- Lunch Report: Longhorn at 1604 and I-10...
- Fan Mail Report: Spicy!
- LOST!: Can't Wait!
- Parking Report: Compact Only, I Guess...
- Crap on Your Car...
- Suspicious Noise Report: I Can't Hear it Either.....
- Mall Report: The Shops at La Cantera...
- Saints Win: Pants Fall...
- Reporting Meetings Report: No Report...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys in Westpointe on Highway ...
- The HEB Conspiracy: Blueberry Activia...
- Taco Report: Mya's on Culebra near 1604...
- Lunch Report: San Antonio Burger Co....
- Friday Notes: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- My Drive on Culebra Today...
- Follow-up Dining Notes: Ruby Tuesday...
- Conan Vs. Jay: Again?
- RIP: Det. Arnulfo Chavarria...
- Strange at Sea Island: Hats...
- Evening Snack Report: Sporting News Grill on 151.....
- Lunch Report: T.J.'s on New Laredo Highway...
- 2010 Polar Bear Swim
- Strange on New Years Eve: The Things I Saw...
- ▼ Jan 2010 (23)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)