Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reporting Meetings Report: No Report...

One of the regulars here asked my wife why it is I no longer provide local readers with my very informative, detailed reports of our homeowner association meetings. Oh sure, it would be a hoot to offer you a perspective of someone actually sitting on the board as opposed to the notes I offered as a regular member of the audience, but really, I think we can all agree (and I'm sure my fellow directors would insist), that would be a big no-can-do.

There is nothing so secret that is going on behind the scenes - in spite of the rumors you may hear, the faxes you get from people supposedly in the know - but the real reason is that the people on the board need to feel confident that they can discuss something with their fellow directors and be on the wrong side of a vote without it making the news.

The good news is that if you are a GNW resident, you can attend the board meetings on the third Thursday of the month and you can even get up and speak. Prior to the start of the meeting last Thursday, we heard from a resident with many relevant concerns for the board and I only wish more of you could have been there to appreciate the comments and the response from the board. There was a very good exchange of information, commentary and facts, and in the end, I think the board and the audience members found a very good common understanding of the challenges we have faced and the direction we are heading. This is a good thing.

I won't bore you with details of the actual board meeting, but I will encourage you to check out the Great Northwest Web Page where you can update yourself on the latest news from our association.

And I do hope you can make it to our next meeting in person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you have a long leash because some of us were told we needed shorter ones be controlled from telling people they are just Stupid. I have attended my last meeting.
I will find better entertainment else where .Post this I dare you !!

Maureen said...

I am going to try to make 2010 the year I get more involved in the neighborhood. I know it's important. Thanks for all that you guys do!

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog