I was navigating through the construction up Culebra from Loop 410 this afternoon and two things caught my eye, both of which require reporting.
First up, I have let my little project of documenting all the stickers I see on the backs of vehicles go by the wayside for a while. Can someone explain why people feel the need to advertise their kid's name on the vehicle? Have these people not seen Jonathon Lithgow as the Trinity Killer in Dexter where he spies the name of a kid off the back of the family SUV, then promptly approaches the kid and calls him by name? If that scene didn't prompt you to bust out the razor blade and scrape little Henry's name off the family truckster, I don't know what else will.
But since you people continue to let us know your kid's activities, I offer you just the forum to share. I love diversity in youth activities. Not satisfied to be like all the others with their boring baseball, football, soccer and cheer-leading, young Master Henry shows his spirit as an Irish Free - Irish Dancer. I don't even know what that means, but if Henry's other sport is any indication, I suspect it involves lots of heavy drinking. Own it, Henry. Own it.
At another stop light I was very much pleased to see a little construction action going on. I am glad to report that the stereotype of three construction workers standing around watching one guy work is not true here in San Antonio.
Instead we have three guys working and one guy doing the watching. And I know exactly what you are thinking; can't teach a white guy to do anything but supervise.
Someday this construction's gonna end...
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- Lunch Report: Longhorn at 1604 and I-10...
- Fan Mail Report: Spicy!
- LOST!: Can't Wait!
- Parking Report: Compact Only, I Guess...
- Crap on Your Car...
- Suspicious Noise Report: I Can't Hear it Either.....
- Mall Report: The Shops at La Cantera...
- Saints Win: Pants Fall...
- Reporting Meetings Report: No Report...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys in Westpointe on Highway ...
- The HEB Conspiracy: Blueberry Activia...
- Taco Report: Mya's on Culebra near 1604...
- Lunch Report: San Antonio Burger Co....
- Friday Notes: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- My Drive on Culebra Today...
- Follow-up Dining Notes: Ruby Tuesday...
- Conan Vs. Jay: Again?
- RIP: Det. Arnulfo Chavarria...
- Strange at Sea Island: Hats...
- Evening Snack Report: Sporting News Grill on 151.....
- Lunch Report: T.J.'s on New Laredo Highway...
- 2010 Polar Bear Swim
- Strange on New Years Eve: The Things I Saw...
- ▼ Jan 2010 (23)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)